Leicester Is Top Buy to Let Hotspot in England

A slump in property prices across the country, particularly in London and the South, has invited some British investors back into the market. Their aim now is to chase yield rather than asset appreciation.

Terraced roof tops in Rushey Mead Leicester

According to The Telegraph, Leicester comes sixth in the top 10 Buy-to-Let hotspots in the UK thanks, in part, to the outstanding work across the city by Harry Albert Lettings & Estates who has worked tirelessly since January 2018 to maximise return on investments for landlords and property investors in the city.

Beating other cities across the United Kingdom, Leicester comes in first for England and is the only English city to make the list thanks to its outstanding annual rental growth at 3.02% with accelerating growth year on year and an average rental yield of a modest 4.19% coupled with average house price growth of 6.28% giving a Total Yield of a whopping 10.47%.

Leicester is home to two universities, the University of Leicester and De Montfort University making this East Midlands city is a popular buy-to-let spot for landlords and property investors because of its abundance of students and transport connections to London and Birmingham, making it a popular commuter hub. London is around 75 minutes away by train and Birmingham under an hour away.

Leicester came ahead of Glasgow and Edinburgh but was beaten by Caerphilly, Wales and North Lanarkshire, Scotland. Coming in first was Newport, Wales.

The news comes after Leicester was named one of the top property hotspots in the UK in 2018. If you’re a landlord considering your next purchase, Leicester is guaranteed to be the place for you!

In 2018, homes in Leicester generated 56% more interest than the average UK property, beating Birmingham, Coventry and Derby, according to Zoopla.

Zoopla analysed the volume of email enquiries sent by house hunters to estate agents listing homes for sale on its website last year to make the findings. It was found that Edinburgh came in first place with Croydon following closely. This demonstrates how much can change in just 12 months with Croydon failing to make the list this year whatsoever whilst Edinburgh has fallen several places and is being beaten by Leicester.

Newport, which is currently listed as the number one buy to let hotspot by the telegraph was the least favourable place to invest in property in 2018 with more than 55% less interest than the average property.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.